Sound books are one of my favorite books that are perfect for as for newborn babies so as for older toddlers.
Depending on the age you can use them differently and your child will be able to interact and play with them differently. But what’s more important is that sound books grow with a child.
So if you decide to invest in one, or better yet a couple, you and your baby are going to have lots of fun.
You can start playing and reading gentle sound books to newborn babies and even earlier than that 😉
Hearing is one of the most developed senses.
Babies are able to hear sounds well before birth. So it’s never too early to introduce and repeat gentle sounds of the world they are about to be born into.
Sounds Books by Usborne are, hands-down, my favorite.
The quality of sound is so realistic that it makes you feel that you’re right there: at the farm, in the garden, in the wood, in the jungle etc.
They have beautiful bright illustrations with sparkly elements and short stories that complement scene on each page.
Sounds are activated as you touch a finger pad sensor and you can deactivate all sensors using an ON or OFF switch on the back of the book.
What makes these books unique is that there are sturdy cut outs, peek throughs and finger trails on each page. What a great sensory experience for those little hands!
Best Sound Book For Babies
(with gentle sounds and sensory exploration)
- Garden Sounds by Usborne
- Woodland Sounds by Usborne
- Bird Sounds by Usborne
- Baby’s very first Nature Sounds Playbook
As your baby gets older you can introduce sounds books with more intense sounds and noises like wild animal sounds, farm, sounds, sounds for the vehicles etc.
I remember my little one was scared of the cow mooing sound at about 8 months. So I waited a couple weeks to reintroduce it again.
Now it brings smile to his face and he loves playing his farm sounds book.
Usborne has some amazing sounds books of this kind but I love getting a few from other publishers to have more variety.
For example, some of the books I recommend besides the sound also have a tactile element to touch and feel. And who doesn’t love to pat soft fur of a chick, a lamb or horse mane?
Children LOVE exploring different textures with their little fingers.
Best Sound Book For Toddlers
- Noisy Farm by Usborne
- Noisy Farm by Tiger Tails – touch and feel sound book
- Oink On The Farm! by Discovery Books – an amazing book full of interesting facts about farm animals explained in a very simple way. Great quality of sound.
- Moo On The Farm! by Discovery Books – another version of farm sound book by Discovery Books featuring different animals.
- Around The Farm World Of Eric Carle
- Ladybird Big Noisy Book: Farm Hullaballo
- Noisy Baby Animals by Tiger Tails – touch and feel sound book
- Noisy Baby Animals! by Discovery Books
- Jungle Sounds by Usborne
- Zoo Sounds by Usborne
- Roar At The Zoo! by Discovery Books
- Growl With The Animals! by Discovery Books
- Hear Bear Roar World of Eric Carle
- Animal All Around World of Eric Carle
- Noisy Animals by Tiger Tales – touch and feel sound book
- Don’t Tickle the Hippo! by Usborne
- Night Sounds by Usborne
- Noisy Trucks by Tiger Tales – perfect for little ones who love trucks
- Noisy Things That Go by Tiger Tales – perfect for little ones who love vehicles.
- Hammer At The Construction Site! by Discovery Books – a great sound book for boys and everyone who loves Good night Good night Construction Site.
- Noisy First Words by Tiger Tales – a gorgeous 3 in 1 book. Your baby not only will hear sounds and feel different textures but will also learn their first words from so familiar environment! Book features Animal, Vehicles, Mealtime, Toys, At The Part, Bedtime. A real and true must have for toddlers.
Pin it for later!
Does your baby love sound books? What are your favorites?
Leave a comment below, I’d love to know!